The Rocks Lakeside
The Rocks Lakeside offers a terrific lake view along with great American bar food and excellent summer entertainment. Beginning Memorial Day Weekend, enjoy live music every weekend throughout the summer until the middle of September. We are open each day of the week, so you can count on delicious food and a great time no matter which day you visit.
Located adjacent to the restaurant is The Rocks Resort. When you book a room at the hotel or rent a cottage, you are just a convenient and short walk away from everything exciting going on at The Rocks Lakeside!
A great lakeside venue that features great American Bar food and great summer entertainment. NFL Sunday Ticket !! Open till the last game...
Rum is a popular and versatile drink. In fact, you can do everything from bake it into goodies to mix it up with fruit juice for a delightful party punch. While you might be well-versed in the world of rum, we thought we’d share some interesting facts we bet you didn’t know about “the devil’s water.”
● In the 1650s, rum was issued as a daily ration to British soldiers.
● Rum was mixed with citrus fruit to help British sailors combat scurvy.
● About 80% of the world’s rum is produced in the Caribbean.
● The color of rum depends on how it’s aged. Oak casks lead to dark rum.
● Rum that’s lost during the distillation process is called the “angel’s share.”
● The first rum distillery in North America was established in 1664.
And last but not least, there are many names for rum, including kill-devil, demon water, grog, and Nelson’s blood after Admiral Nelson. As the legend goes, this sailor died at sea but had his body brought back to mainland in a barrel of rum.